Thursday, September 18, 2008

Scariest Bridge EVER!

On the way to PA today I crossed over the Susquehanna River, through the Conowingo Hydroelectric Plant. On one side, all you can see is water, and you feel like it's 2 feet below the road...but on the other side, you see NOTHING but rocks and a gulch - at least that's what I'm calling it.



The picture shows the gulch side. Imagine driving across that and being stopped by DOT working on the road. Those who know me well know I am not a fan of bridges...high ones, low ones, rickety ones, steel ones, pretty much all bridges. But this one is by far the scariest ever!

What if the dam broke? what if it rained really hard and the water washed away the plant, while I'm driving across it? These are the things I think about on my way across.

Other than that, the trip was uneventful, and now I am sitting in Panera so I can check out where I should go while I'm here. I haven't seen a buggy yet, but I saw a Yacob plowing his field with his Big John horse (if you don't get those references, you should visit Amish country more often).

Oh, and Dave will be happy that I did not pick up a miniature horse or lab pup at a roadside stand. They were cheap, and cute...

2 comments:

  1. sure- leave your loving husband at home for a pony and quilties. =o(

    ReplyDelete
  2. that does look pretty scare to drive across.

    ReplyDelete