Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Don't laugh

Peter Gibbons: "It's a problem of motivation, all right? Now if I work my ass off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don't see another dime; so where's the motivation?"

Dave and I are so lazy lately. We've both had a rough couple of weeks at work, and neither of us want to talk about work while we're not at work, so when we get home, we just sit in silence and wait for the day's stresses to go away. Usually while we're doing that, Gibbs, Abby, McGee, and DiNozzo from NCIS keep us company. After we watch a couple of episodes and have dinner, we're calm enough to have a conversation, but then it's time to go to bed and do it all again the next day.

The downside to this relaxation technique/routine is that our house has been severely neglected. When I say neglected, I don't mean it in that clean freak way some do when they have 3 magazines waiting because they haven't had "time" to read them. I mean, really neglected. Like if we had a kid and Social Services came over, Leah would be in foster care in a second. Kitty Social Services has already made a visit, and we're hoping to have Zoey back within 30-60 days, if they haven't lost her in the failing kitty foster care system. Turtle's terrarium is so dirty that they didn't even see him in there, so he's still with us.

You think I'm exaggerating, but I can prove it. Take a look:


So today I got home earlier than normal, and I decided today was the day to get out from under the chaos. Yep, I cleaned the living room. The laundry chair is still full of laundry, but I wasn't in the mood to do that too! Here's the living room now:


Much better, no?

2 comments: