Thursday, April 15, 2010

Best wedding present. Ever.

I know it's wrong to be prideful about possessions, and my Amish stalking victims friends would not approve, but I love this popcorn bowl we received as a wedding present from Phil and Dr. Mo, who can be see here and here, as I knew them then, and how I know them now, respectively.

Movies have always been my safe haven from the world.  They soothed me to sleep when I was sick, they kept me occupied in high school - yep, I was one of those kids who had movie nights on Saturdays with my band friends, instead of going to the newest cool kid's house, sans parents, for high school shenanigans - and they help me break the ice with strangers, in interviews, in line at the grocery store, and everywhere in between. 

Dr. Mo, before she was a doctor, was my best friend from 7th grade on, and we were nerds.  Movie nerds.  Still are.  To this day, every time I hear anyone say "Mahwiage....mahwiage is what bwings us togevah today..." or "Waiter, there is too much pepper on my paprikash," I instantly think of her and her huge smile and shiny, curly head of hair...trading quotes back and forth and laughing hysterically.  Good times.

Anyways, Dr. Mo and Phil gave us this awesome popcorn bowl as a wedding gift, filled with movie theater candy, a mix cd, and maybe some other stuff, but the best part was the inside of the bowl!  The outside is a classic, vintage marquee with a popcorn label, but the inside is full of titles of and lines from our favorite movies!  Awesome!

I'm not just seeing this thing for the first time, but we're have an 80's movie marathon this weekend, so I'm using it to store disposable popcorn bags and to-be-popped popcorn!  It's perfect!  So as I was getting everything ready to set up and organized, I read all the lines and titles and started daydreaming about all my favorite movies....took me down memory lane.

More details to follow after the movie marathon~

2 comments:

  1. Speechless...for once. :) Love you. Glad you love it so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an aside, a friend once told me, "You know a lot of movie lines for a girl. You know more lines than any girl I've ever met"...and I thought, "no. there is another." :)
    -mo

    ReplyDelete