Sunday, December 26, 2010

Honey Nutella Rice Krispie Treats

Cupcake Project posted a recipe for honey Nutella Rice Krispie treats a few days ago - doesn't it sound tasty?  I showed Dave and his eyes got big, so when I went shopping for my cupcake supplies and Christmas pies I picked up a box of Rice Krispies.  We already had honey and Nutella in our pathetically-overstocked-but-incredibly-underused pantry.

Here's the recipe (which we doubled):
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup Nutella
  • 4 cups Rice Krispies
That's it.  3 ingredients.  Stef (author of the blog) didn't actually use Nutella or Rice Krispie treats - she went for higher-end varieties of each, so substitute as you wish.


Here's how you make them - add honey and Nutella to a microwaveable bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.  Stir to combine them - if they're not ready, put them back in the microwave for 10 seconds at a time.  

I stopped microwaving mine when it was the consistency of melted chocolate morsels.  

Then I added my Rice Krispies and stirred it all together. 

I transferred it to a 9x13 glass baking dish and put it in the fridge to chill - when they've cooled down we'll cut them into squares and try them!



EDIT:  They are fantastic!  It's like a chocolate Rice Krispie treat - next time I'd do more Nutella and less honey, maybe a 3 to 2 ratio instead of 1:1:

1 comment:

  1. looks great....now I want homemade rice krispie treats. haha

    ReplyDelete