Friday, January 14, 2011

Best anniversary present ever: Re-purposed

Remember the awesome anniversary gift Bonnie made us back in November?  Let me remind you:

She collected a bunch of pictures of Dave and I taken over the last several years, and displayed them on poster board with a sweet little anniversary wish.

I love all the pictures she chose along with her note, but unfortunately we don't have enough wall space in any room in this house for the large display...so I'm going to switch it up a little, while hopefully keeping its charm in tact :)

Years ago when I first moved out of my parents' house, Bonnie and I started these style books, where we kept decorating ideas, cool lists from magazines (like papers to keep for tax purposes, 20 things to do before you turn 20, etc.), and awesome quotes.  I might just have to write a post to show some of the ideas - might be fun to explore how much my style has changed, or hasn't.  I decided to personalize mine with some stenciled turtles (I was obsessed with turtles) and my initials at the time - KRB.


I'd like to do the same with the pictures from the poster board - buy a spiral-bound scrapbook with either black or white pages, and I'll stencil 5's all over the front and back, since it was a 5th anniversary gift and contains pictures from our first 5 years of marriage (plus some from when we were dating)...

Fun, right?  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment