Sunday, May 29, 2011

Kuba Kuba

Dave and I finally made it to one of the Richmond restaurants on our to-try list last month - Kuba Kuba!

I was in love before I even walked into the restaurant because of the beautiful surrounding neighborhood!  This is one of the things I love about RVA:

How charming is this row of houses?  You can tell how long I've waited to write this because of the 'GO RAMS' sign in the beige house's window - this was during VCU's historic run in the NCAA tournament!  Better late than never, right?

As we got closer to the restaurant we saw this awesome mural on the side wall of the building


Love the outside - so the interior and food must be awesome, right?

I hear it was designed to look like a bodega inside, and that's exactly what it looks like.  Shelves line the walls, tables are scattered around like at a sidewalk cafe, and more murals and art are displayed all over the restaurant - very cool!  It is very casual and the wait staff and cook knew most of the people who came in while we were there - it just had an awesome neighborhood hangout vibe.

Dave used his awesome 'You Gotta See This!' app to get a panoramic view of the inside - so cute!

I ordered a Cuban sandwich - pork, ham, chorizo, swiss cheese, and mustard on Cuban bread, and it was served with a side of fried plantains!  Yes please!  The only other time I've ever had Cuban food is at Columbia Restaurant in St. Augustine, Fl.  Every year when we visit my parents in Florida, we always take a day trip to St. Augustine, which is only about 20 miles from where they live, and this restaurant is always on the to-do list when we're in town.  So good!

We'll definitely be back there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment