Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Handmade Holiday at Plant Zero

This weekend, Bonnie and I trekked down to Plant Zero for the Richmond Craft Mafia's Handmade Holiday!

The same group held the Spring Bada-Bing in April and I loved all the handmade goodness!  It's like a craft fair, but less tacky Grandma and more locally-made Etsy-like items!  So me! :)

I scoped out some of the vendors on the RCM blog beforehand, so I had a couple items to watch out for like these chic vases by turnerbots (in eggplant, of course):

And this embroidery hoop art, by Il Gatto Selvatico:


Unfortch I didn't see either - turnerbots had little ceramic robot guys, but I didn't see these vases...bummer. 

Modern June had a ton of awesome stuff, including her new book, Sewing with Oilcloth, but I didn't purchase anything.  I would love to get my hands on that book, but not sure I'd ever make anything with oilcloth to make it worth the money :(

I did find a few things I couldn't leave without :)

Funnelcloud was selling these beautiful maps and other artwork.  I purchased the Virginia map, with each county separated by color - so cool!  This will for sure be included in our upcoming stairway gallery wall:
I also picked up a hand-painted Virginia ornament from her booth:

Lastly, I picked up a little mushroom ring holder, by Tasha McKelvey:

I look forward to the next event!  I must do even more research before going in case it's as crowded as it was this time!  There were a ton of people there (included YHL's Petersiks), and it was hard to navigate through them to see the most popular booths, so I'm sure there was stuff we missed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment