Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Honey Pecan Butter, Y'all!

Dave got me the most awesome birthday gift!

We went back and forth about what we wanted for our birthdays.  We thought about buying something big for the house (like a new bed) and calling it our birthday gift to each other, we thought about not exchanging gifts in the interest of saving money, we talked about yaddayadda...we landed on walking into Sur La Table and picking out something nice for ourselves.  Everybody wins :)

He picked out some grilling accessories that he wanted but would never buy for himself.  I picked out a purple, Cuisinart mini food processor!  I've always wanted a food processor, but they're friggin' expensive!  Plus, with only the two of us we really don't need a full-size one.  I don't like pesto enough to eat it for 3 days!  So this 3-cup vs. 14-cup version is perfect. And it's preetttttty!

To christen my food processor, I went all Paula Deen and made some honey pecan butter, y'all!

I went crazy and used my brain instead of the internet to create my butter.  I used a stick of unsalted butter, a few tablespoons of honey, a dash of nutmeg (maybe a teaspoon?), and a handful of pecans...that's it! Then it's as easy as throwing it all in and pressing chop!  I don't know why I let silly things intimidate me.  If I knew how easy this was, I would have bought one of these things a long time ago!

I let it blend until the nuts were sufficiently chopped.

Creamy goodness!  I wish I could offer scratch-n-sniff blogging, because it smelled like heaven!

We toasted some fresh herb focaccia and spread a little butter on the warm pieces of bread to melt it:

Mmmmmm!  Next I'm trying pesto or roasted pepper and artichoke sauce for pasta!  If Giada can do it, I can do it!

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up...... :)

    The butter looks delish.

    I'm soooo jealous of your purple food processor.

    ReplyDelete