Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Perfect Easter treat!

I was in charge of bread and plates/napkins this year for our annual Easter dinner at the Colleluores' house.  I also wanted to bring something that took a little effort and/or skill, so I naturally trolled Pinterest for ideas for a quick snack or appetizer.

I found something close to the Rolo turtles I made in December, only these have some pastel goodness perfect for Easter :)  And they're versatile, so you could make them using any other holiday M&M's deemed worthy enough for specialty-colored candies.  You could also use the ultra-expensive colored M&M's they have in every color at Party City to make this match any party decor, right?

via

And the easy peasy instructions:
  • Place a chocolate hug in the center of each pretzel - I used pretzel snaps because they have more surface area and don't allow the chocolate to melt all over the place
  • Bake at 275 for 2-3 minutes or until chocolate is softened
  • Remove from the oven and place a candy (logo side down unless you want them to be a commercial) on each, pressing down gently
  • Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes or until chocolate is firm
  • Store at room temperature

I made at least 75 of these, and they were gone within minutes!  So good!  The sweet and salty combo is so tasty!


No comments:

Post a Comment