Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Summer Bucket List: Update 1

It's been about 2 weeks since I published my Summer Bucket List, and I thought I'd post an update on the status.  So far I've completed 3 of the 10 items - admittedly the easiest 3, but I'll take it! :)

Here's our progress:

  • Bonnie and I worked on an almost-fail Pinterest project - a bird feeder.  After some patience and Gorilla Glue, the fail turned into a success:
  • Dave and I went to Carter Mountain Orchard to pick peaches, but the orchard was closed for the day.  We picked up peaches that had been picked by their employees, so we're calling this one done!  With the half peck of peaches we got, I made a peach pie:
  • Bonnie and I started our batches of homemade vanilla extract - it will need 90 days or sue to ferment, but so far it's looking good!  Already starting to smell like vanilla extract instead of 750mL of vodka:


3 down, 7 more to go!





No comments:

Post a Comment