Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Spring in my step

Winter sucked.  It snowed a lot but not enough to get out of work or school.  Except that one time.  Not enough! :)

Then spring came.  Then winter came back for a while.  Then it was spring again.  When we were fairly sure there would be no more frost, we headed to Lowe's, armed with a gift card, to pick up some cheerful flowers to add some color to the dreary deck.

We got dahlias:

Gerbera daisies:

And some strange cactus-not-a-cactus plant.  It's awesome

I repotted them and grouped them on my little Ikea table for a little shot of greenery among the patio furniture and wood.  They make that corner so cheerful and I can see them from the kitchen, so every time I walk by the back door I can enjoy them. :)  nerd.

This guy could barely wait for me to repot them.  He must have been hungry for some pollen!  He left me alone, so I left him alone, but I made Dave take his picture.

My deck box lilies came back too!  See, I can grow stuff!  Well, one thing :)

It's amazing what little water can do for a plant :)

I also reorganized my potting bench, but I won't bore you with the details, just:

1 comment: