Wednesday, December 17, 2014

25 Days of Christmas - Day 17: Toys for Tots

Before I type anything here, I want to be clear that this is not meant as a brag or look-at-me-I'm-so-charitable. I'm just sharing 25 ways to celebrate the Christmas season, one of which is helping others.

Every year Capital One has a toy drop-off location for Toys for Tots, an organization that works with "local social welfare agencies, church groups, and other local community agencies, to distribute toys to the less fortunate children of the community" (link).


All you have to do is bring a new, unwrapped toy to a drop-off location, and the Marine Corps takes care of the rest. It doesn't get much easier than that, right? Here's a link to find a drop-off location near you. 

I went to Dollar Tree and picked up several gifts to donate and dropped them off this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment